Monday 8 September 2014

Wishing I was at British Science Fest

Work is still relatively quiet as some academics are making the last of the summer break, some people at work are observing at a telescope for the next couple of weeks and the students aren't back for another few weeks. But I'm stuck here doing work, like I'm supposed to (boo!).

I don't really mind, I do love my work, but this week I wish I was also somewhere else. I wish I wish I was at British science fest!

This annual science festival is one of the biggest places for all things sciencey. Over a week there are loads of great activities at the festival, based in Birmingham in the UK this year. The activities vary from talks on turning rubbish in to energy to a demonstration of how to walk on custard. The activities are generally at a level accessible by all ages and science knowledge, providing a great place for scientists and science lovers (not that they are mutually exclusive) together.

If you love science and have some spare time next year, or can pop down in the next few days, it's a really great place to go.

Check out their website for schedule and for info!
http://www.britishscienceassociation.org/british-science-festival

No comments:

Post a Comment