Tuesday 17 November 2015

Explore Rosetta and comet 67P in my new VR app!



So, I posted a while ago that I was playing around with a Virtual Reality smartphone app that would allow you to explore the Rosetta mission and comet 67P. Well, after several months I've finally finished it! It's up and live on the Google Play Store and you can get it for free here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.UKAstroNutProductions.Rosetta

There's some really cool features in the app. You can explore a realistic model of comet 67P and the Rosetta satellite, looking around the comet and seeing it in 3D. There's a model solar system which shows the journey Rosetta had taken since it's launch. There's also a virtual tour of Rosetta journey! All of these are ways of showing off how cool the Rosetta satellite and comet 67P look in 3D.

There's already a couple of things I want to add to the app to make it even better, which will be added in the near future. I'm also hoping that the European Space Agency will provide some support and maybe even some cool resources I can add to the app. But, in the meantime I hope you all enjoy the app. Feel free to leave any comments or feedback as I'd love to hear it!

Get out there and explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment