Friday 6 November 2015

I won an award!



Wahooo!! I won an award!

A couple of months ago I was nominated for an award for early career researchers (PhD students and postdocs typically) for their contribution to science outreach and communication. This was for the blog stuff I do, my Youtube channel, by VR apps project and other things. The award ceremony, which happens every 2 years, is hosted by the organisation Elsevier. Information on the award is at https://www.elsevier.com/awards/europe/early-career-researcher-uk-awards-2015

This year was the first time an award for outreach has been given out, alongside the usual awards for science research. As you can imagine, I am a very happy man! Not only did I get the lovely engraved glass award you can see me holding above, but I also got awarded money to help me do even more cool outreach.

If they read this, I want to thank everyone on the judging panel and those involved with the awards. It's great to be recognised for the extra work I put in to outreach and I know it will encourage me to keep on doing it!


No comments:

Post a Comment