Wednesday 20 August 2014

Science card game and Nintendo nostalgia

I was pointed to a funding opportunity by the UK government this week. They are funding projects to help the public get interested in the UK's role in space and I've decided I want to give it a go. I've been picking my brain at what to do and have come up with the idea of making a card game that teaches people about all the cool projects the UK space agency is involved in. I've not quite got the game play down yet, but I have some cool ideas. If I get it funded hopefully I can get a graphic designer to make the cards look good and help spread the word about them. I'd like to release them for free online so that people and schools can print them out and play them, enabling lots of people to be able to play. The deadline isn't for a while so I can have some time to plan. Fingers crossed!

I've also decided to relive my childhood. I have bought a Nintendo 64, a game console that was the peak of gaming in my childhood. I remember many a long afternoon round friends houses playing on games such as Goldeneye, Super Mario and Mariokart. I never had one so I'm making up for it now by buying one. It is now sat alongside my Super Nintendo and Sega Mega drive on my shelf of classic gaming. I plan to have a few nostalgic gaming evenings with friends soon, which is bound to be good fun. The addition of a couple of beers will surely make it even better!

Goleneye on the N64. http://i2.cdnds.net/12/42/300x225/gaming_goldeneye_n64_1.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment