Sunday 5 January 2014

A cinema goers perfect rainy Saturday.

Those miserable rainy Saturdays. You don't really want to go out, but sitting in front of the screen all day at home seems too lazy. Somehow sitting in front of a cinema screen is ok though, according to society. The idea of the silver screen still exists, at least to me. There's something that makes watching a film at the cinema so much better than at home, probably because I can't use my phone or my iPad while it's on so I have to give it my full attention.
Luckily thanks to unlimited film cinema cards, I did the perfect film lovers Saturday and went to back to back films. The two films, the Secret life of Walter Mitty and American Hustle, were really great. Mitty is a lovely story of a man who decided to stop his day dreaming and instead take in the real world and live his fantasies. Ben stiller in a very different but great role. American hustle offers some of the best acting you will see this year (or last year) in a great comedic story.
All in all a worthwhile trip to the pictures. Anyway, I'm writing this on my iPad instead of watching the tv that's on I front of me, so I'm going to stop being antisocial and watch the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment