Saturday 4 January 2014

A wonderful 3 minutes

Just before Christmas I was lucky enough to win the wales regional Institute Of Physics 3 minute wonder competition. This gives the chance for young researchers to present their work in a fun and interactive way but in only a few minutes. I have spent hours trying to explain what I do to friends and family so this was a bit difficult. Still I must have done well as I managed to win and book my place in the UK final! The other people who presented were really great, showing the quality of young scientists there are, who are able to present their research in an interesting and fun way.
So hopefully this year I can go to London and win the final, but if not, then I had a great time doing the presentation anyway.
If you have a spare few minutes and a pair of ears to listen to you, try explaining what you do to them in 3 minutes. Its good fun and challenges you to sum up what you do at a good level!

No comments:

Post a Comment