Wednesday 8 January 2014

In to the swing of things

Finally back to work which means I am fully motivated again to do work and hitting the ground running. The Christmas break is always a nice time to charge the batteries and re-assess and think over the work you have been doing, I find.
I'm preparing a paper on the work I have done so far in my PhD, which will be my first published paper, which is a big thing for a young researcher. Hopefully it will be finished within a few months allowing me to spend the rest of my second year on a new project. I'm also working on a paper for Gaia, which takes up the rest of my time. This will be out by about April, so a busy few months ahead.
Add to this an article I have said I will write for an astronomy magazine, a meeting about a science conference I am writing, a meeting as a representative of post graduates and the eventual final of the IoP 3 minute wonder competition, Jan and Feb are going to be very busy months, but for all the good reasons.
Anyway, the papers to read on my desk is piling up quickly so I better get back to reading!

I wish it only took 10 hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment